‘Sustainable Business Strategy’ is a ground-breaking semester-based course – designed, developed and taught for DIS in Copenhagen – exploring how to deliver sustainable business success within planetary and societal boundaries. Built on a fusion of academic and practitioner insights from the realms of business, economics, and sustainability – students build understanding of the drivers for change; evaluating practical case studies, incorporating a strong emphasis on the business case; providing the tools to challenge, develop critical insights, and deploy robust solutions; and incorporating the challenges of transformation; while preparing students for leading roles in meeting the great challenges and opportunities of the 21st century.
- Sustainability dimensions fully integrated into core topics, including business strategy, marketing, investment and finance.
- Geograhpical focus on companies in Denmark, Scandinavia and elsewhere in Europe – with comparative analysis to businesses in the United States.
- Embodied learning: Immersive field study visits to pioneering companies — including IKEA, Ørsted, and Unilever — enable students to experience and engage, directly, with best practices, challenges and dilemmas for sustainable business transformations.
- Interactive teaching sessions, involving group work, discussions and practical exercises.
- Underpinned by holistic, integrated and one-planet thinking: to capture all stakeholder perspectives & benefits.
- Powered by the pedagogy of passion.